Top Social

I think I've found the one: Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation.

Wednesday 15 June 2016



Yeah, that's right...I'm making the bold statement and saying I think this may be the best foundation...ever. Not that i've actually tried all the foundations in the world, but i have tried quite a few in my time and none have wowed me like this one has. If your not a foundation lover then this post is definitely not for you. Get ready for a whole lot'a swooning!



So lets talk packaging first of all. I love it (surprisingly). I think it looks so luxe and classy. The bottle is glass and has a bit of weight to it and isn't totally clear; kind of frosty. I just think it is slick and very chanel! Also.. it has a pump! Thank you chanel, thank you! I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to use a foundation such as Nars Sheer Glow which doesn't come with a pump. Mess central!

Moving on to the actual product! So as the name suggests, this is a glowy foundation but not as I've previously known it.  It doesn't look wet when you apply it, if you know what I mean. It isn't shiny but instead offers a 'lit from within' sort of glow. Which i'm all over (who isn't?). The texture of this foundation is actually quite thick but it blends so nicely and flawlessly and leaves your skin feeling hydrated as well as looking god damn amazing! I love the way it wears as well. When I first put this stuff on in the morning I love the flawless finish it offers, but by the end of the day, after a good 7 hours, my skin looks dewy and plump and I love that look also!

Can we also just appreciate the scent! OMG this stuff smells bloody amazing! It has the beautiful Chanel scent; fruity and fresh!





When it comes to the coverage of this product, I would say it offers medium coverage which gives a 'my skin but better' look. But it can be built up really easily into a full coverage.

Lastly I want to talk about the shade. As you may have already noticed, I am a pale gal! Very pale actually! I don't know why because my mum and dad have more olivy skin and tan up like a dream, but hey ho.. what can you do! Anyway this foundation is the best colour match I have ever found! I can't really touch drugstore foundations unless it's the middle of summer time due to the fact they just don't go pale enough for me. But this 'beige' is the perfect colour. Ironically it isn't actually that beige! I hear beige and think yellow (i don't know why) but actually this foundation has the perfect pink tones and yellow tones which balance your skin tone and actually look like skin! I wear N10.

So theres a lot of positives for this bad boy! If i was to touch on negatives, which I don't think there are many, I would say:

- It is quite expensive, costing £36. But I think it is defo worth it!
- I personally love the packaging but some may not see it as travel friendly due to the weight and worry of breakages.
- There are only 9 shades (that I can see) which isn't actually that many and therefore it could be seen as a bit restricted. I would definitely advise going to a Chanel counter and having a good swatch! The ladies are usually lovely and always happy to help! The lady I brought mine from put me a whole face of foundation on and also some lipgloss and blush before I even committed to buying.

So there you have it, my holy grail (ahhh). Let me know if you've tried this foundation or any other products in the Les Beiges range. Or give me some recommendations for other foundations.. I am always up for some enabling!

Lots of love,
Jade

4 comments on "I think I've found the one: Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation."
  1. I agree with you that the price is a little high, but for something that is going to sit on my skin all day long I would much rather pay more and know that it's not a cheap product which is only going to clog my pores and give me bad skin :) I've wanted to change my foundation for a while now, and this seems like a great option! Thanks so much for sharing! I'd love it if you'd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/blogposts/2016/6/12/daily-mail-body-shaming xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment hun! I really appreciate it :) This foundation is definitely worth the money in my opinion! I haven't had any problems with my skin since using it. I will have a look at your blog now lovely and give you a follow!
      xx

      Delete
  2. OMG if you love this foundation, you'll love Chanel's healthy glow fluid! It's so beautiful in the skin, I've used it for the last 7 months and nothing else!

    Isobel x

    New post: http://fashionistachic14.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/travel-travelling-to-italy-day-1-3.html?m=1
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/isobelceline/
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/isobelceline
    New video: http://youtu.be/JqoWvvt0MR8
    Bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/fashionista-chic-12984939

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment lovely! Ahh I definitely will have to give it a go! It's next on my list haha!

      xx

      Delete