Top Social

Keep calm and carry on.

Tuesday 12 January 2016


Hello Lovelies! Today I wanted to talk about stress and ways to stay calm and level headed. I am someone who easily gets stressed and I am a major worrier. Whether I'm worrying about what to do next in life, or if everyone is ok or even what to have for dinner on Thursday; my mind just won't switch off sometimes. So I thought I would write down some of the techniques I use to de-stress and to make myself feel a little less bogged down.




So as you probably may have guess from the photos in this post, I love to walk it off. Now if I'm honest, a lot of the time the thought of going for a walk (especially when its grey and raining) is unappealing and I really have to push myself to get out there. But once I'm out and doing it, I feel 100% better. I feel healthier and my mind feels clearer. I also feel that going for a walk with someone sometimes is a good idea too as I feel it is the perfect time to just let out everything that's stressing you out. In my opinion its best to talk it out and then the problem is less of a burden.




Other things I do to de-stress include reading, or watching friends, tidying and getting creative. Now this may sounds completely boring but all these things help refocus my mind. I used to read a lot when I was younger, but when I got to high school I spent my time doing 'cooler' things and forgot to read. But recently I've allowed myself more time to read and I find it really helps you to switch off and just focus on what you're reading. The same applies with watching a TV series. Now tidying may sound a strange thing to do when stressed but I find tidying my bedroom and having a clear out to really empower me and make me feel a lot better! A tidy house means a tidy mind and all that.. does that even make sense? You know what I mean! And lastly I find that being creative also makes me feel a lot calmer! I've recently started scrapbooking and I find it so relaxing and enjoyable!

So I hope you've enjoyed this post and got some new ideas to de-stress! Let me know what you think!
Lot of Love,
Jade xxx
Post Comment
Post a Comment